- Applicants must be currently enrolled high school juniors or seniors attending a school in Orange County.
- Applicants must be able to provide a letter of recommendation from a current or former teacher.
- Applicants must have completed at minimum one high school chemistry/lab class and one biology class prior to the beginning of the program.
- Students may be enrolled in both a biology and a chemistry class during the application submission, as long as they complete the class(es) before the summer program starts; students may also take a semester of community college biology/chemistry in place of this requirement; an unofficial community college transcript must be included in the application as verification.
- Program participants are required to be in program activities between the hours of 8am-5pm during the six-week program. Hours may vary by day.
- Students who attend other programs during this time are not eligible for the program. Attendance at all programmatic activities is necessary to receive a certificate of completion.
- If a scheduling conflict occurs, program administrators must be notified at least two weeks in advance.
- Participants are responsible for transportation to and from the UC Irvine Campus. However, the program may subsidize transportation costs by providing bus and parking passes for eligible participants.
- If selected for the program, student must provide the following documents:
- Photo ID (California Driver’s License/ID card or school identification card)
- Immunization Record Including COVID Vaccination and Boosters (this is a UCI requirement)
Selection: A Committee comprising of Cancer Research Institute graduate student, CRI Staff and volunteers review applications and select final candidates. Outstanding students displaying a sincere interest in research or research related science careers will be given the highest consideration.